How to order your parking permit through iParq
- Students: Remember to renew your parking permits every semester.
- You must log in with your University email address and password.
- If you do not see the appropriate permit options after searching with your employee ID number, please contact the UAkronPark Office to have this issue corrected.
- Once your vehicle(s) have been added to your account, make sure they are selected in the dropdown box(es) during the permit checkout process in order to associate them with your permit.
- To purchase a commuter student overnight parking permit you must first proceed completely through checkout with one of the regular commuter student permits before adding the overnight permit to your cart.
For help, please call the UAkronPark Office at 330-972-7213 or email info@UAkronPark.com.
After logging in to your parking account via the Parking Portal the appropriate fee will automatically be displayed for your specific profile.
Current parking permit rates are: 2023-24 School Year
- All Students NOT in a Tuition Guarantee Program — $225 per semester
- Graduate & Professional/Law Students — $200 for 2023-24 academic year (After $250 subsidy provided by the University for one year)
- Employee/Faculty/Staff — $300 annually
- Administrative Reserved — $640 annually
- Returning Undergraduate Students in Tuition Guarantee Program — $350 annually (included in the transportation fee)
Faculty and staff may choose to pay for their permit using payroll deduction. Employee permits through payroll deduction will use pre-taxed dollars, reducing the net amount you pay for parking, based upon an individual’s tax bracket.
Follow these steps to order your parking permit
1. In your browser, go to akron.thepermitstore.com.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please call the UAkronPark office at 330-972-7213.
PURCHASING A PERMIT
Permits must be purchased online at UAkronPark.com. All permits are valid for a fixed period of time and may be purchased at any time of year.
Semester permits are valid for a specific time period specified at the time of purchase. Refunds for student permits are not available after the university’s indicated add/drop date for the semester in which permits are purchased, which is currently 14 days into a semester. There may be a need to change permit type at some point during the permit year; to make such a change, customers must email the UAkronPark office at info@UAkronPark.com.
When customers check out, they are prompted to agree to terms and conditions, which includes information about rules and regulations. Beyond the extensive communication about proper and expected usage, permit holders cannot obtain a permit without encountering all the information necessary to park within the rules for the operation.