Spin Electric Scooters
- Download the app and create your account
- Check the map if you need to locate an available scooter near you
- Scan the QR code on the top of the scooter to unlock it
- Follow campus guidelines and the rules of the road when riding
- Park the scooter at one of the preferred locations displayed within the app to get 25 cents off of your next ride
- Make sure to end your ride within the app when you’re finished
- Scooters cost $1 to unlock and 29 cents per minute of use (plus taxes and fees). All revenue goes to Spin to support the program; none comes to the University.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
No. The credit hold is simply verifying that you have enough available credit for a long rental period. Nothing is charged until you end your ride and the exact amount owed is calculated. You will only be charged for the time that you have used.
Yes. All scooters are equipped with GPS transponders. Spin will pick up the scooter and bring it back to campus.
Yes. Keeping your ride active is a way to reserve a scooter so that no one else can use it, but you must pay for that time. Most campus locations will have additional scooters nearby should someone rent the scooter you just finished using.
You can submit a report directly to Spin within the mobile app. Just look for the icon of an exclamation point in the lower left corner of the screen.